A goblin with no body and a monster with no face. A resourceful samurai and a faithful daughter. A spirit of the moon and a dragon king.
This collection of 15 traditional Japanese folktales transports readers to a time of adventure and enchantment. Drawn from the works of folklorists Lafcadio Hearn and Yei Theodora Ozaki, these tales are by turns terrifying, exhilarating, and poetic.
• Striking illustrations by contemporary Japanese artist Kotaro Chiba
• Special gift edition features an embossed, textured case with metallic gold ink, and a satin ribbon page marker
This book is ideal for:
• Fans of fairytales, folklore, or ghost stories
• Anyone interested in Japan's history and culture
• People of Japanese heritage
• Collectors of illustrated classics
|Publish Date:||April 23 2019|
|Author:||Chronicle Books, Kotaro Chiba|