1. He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of The Almighty.
4. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust; his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5. Thou shalt not be afraid of the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flyeth
10. There, no evil will befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11. For He shall give His angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways.
12. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Pocket - 1 1/2" x 2 1/2
About the Artist
Lynn Garlick started carving, painting, and producing her retablos in 1993. Her workshop is located in the high desert town of Taos, New Mexico, a landscape richly steeped in religious iconography and history. The retablo, or ʻboard behind the alterʼ, was originally created in New Mexico in the 1800ʼs in response to the lack of Bibles and Icons being sent from the church in Rome. The Santero (saint maker) painted retablos from pigment collected and ground from the local surroundings. The boards were hand hewed usually of ponderosa pine or tin. The practice has carried down through the generations and is still done this way today. Lynn paints her originals retablos on traditional pine boards carving and then paints them. To create her production work the images are mounted on baltic birch.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.